What kind of a week* did the GBL’s first Player of the Week of 2009 have? For the Calgary Vipers, he batted 18 for 40 with 4 doubles, 4 home runs (1 grand slam), 13 RsBI, 16 runs scored, 3 walks, 3 times hit by a pitch, 3 whiffs, and impressive splits of 0.450/0.522/0.850
*Includes the first week of the season, which was a half-week, and the full second week of the season (10 games in total).
Quite the week, but it doesn’t stop there. Here’s a list of additional accomplishments from Vipers’ OF Drew Miller which occurred during his honoured week*:
- Drew Miller marched to city hall and personally saw to it that parking for the Vipers games in the McMahon lot would be free after 6:00 PM and on weekends.
- Drew Miller hit two baseballs so far out of Foothills Stadium that they landed in Calgary’s beltline area – and they landed so hard that they created sinkholes.
- Drew Miller moved the Phoenix Coyotes to Okotoks.
- Drew Miller reduced the price of the Beer-N-Sausage special from $9.50 to $8.00 (and you can put the savings directly into his home run bucket).
- Drew Miller intimidated the Chico Outlaws in their own ballpark so much that they devised a fireworks boondoggle so they wouldn’t have to face too many of his at-bats during a single night.
- Drew Miller shaved an hour before every game, and still sported a full-blown goatee before the first pitch.
- When the Vipers’ team bus stalled one night, Drew Miller put it on his back and carried it home.
- Drew Miller built a perpetual motion machine.
- Drew Miller got the caramel in a Caramilk bar.
- Drew Miller went back in time and fixed it so The Macarena never happened.
- Drew Miller unscrambled eggs.
- Drew Miller got blood from a stone.
- Drew Miller blew down the house made of straw, the house made of wood, and the house made of bricks.
- Drew Miller stared directly at the sun, and as a result, the sun now has vision problems.
- Drew Miller planted an acre and a half of rainforest every second.
- Drew Miller single-handedly beat the Gas House Gorillas when Bugs Bunny was playing on their team.
- Drew Miller beat Happy Gilmore in a long-drive competition, and beat Bob Barker in a fist fight.
Drew Miller: GBL Player of Week for week 1.