With today’s double-header already in the books, it’s never too early to look at the month that currently is… August.
The Vipers, In August, So Far:
- Loses: 0
- Earned runs against: 0
- Total runs against: 0
- Team batting average: ∞
- Team LOB: 0
- ABs in which “The Bat From The Hat” Drew Miller didn’t hit a home-run: 0
- Number of times Fehlandt Lentini was caught stealing a base: 0
- Number of pitchers man enough to face GLROTY Colin Moro: 0
- Number of batters man enough to face Joe “The Cobra Clutch” Sergent: 0
- Inherited runners that scored on Mac Suzuki: 0
- Strike-out-to-walk ratio of Dallas Mahan: ∞
- Number of pitches by Reggie Rivard that didn’t exceed 100 MPH: 0
- Times a ball got by the dynamic middle-infield duo of “Bonafide” Nelson Castro and Jorge “The Real #14” Mejia: 0
- Of all the home runs hit by Ivan Reyes so far this month, this many have actually landed: 0
- Caonabo Cosme’s fielding range: ∞
- Innings pitched by Evan Greusel that weren’t 1-2-3 innings: 0
- Batters that didn’t cry when facing Hideki Nagasaka: 0
- Drops of precious beer spilled by THWBCRC: 0 (this is true for the entire season, actually)
- Number of times “Sing For Your Supper” was giggled as opposed to sang: 0
I also personally guarantee that the Vipers will go undefeated this weekend against the Tijuana Potros… running the streak of the undefeated August up to ten (10) days.
To put a further positive spin on today’s post, here’s an inspirational read on Vipers utility-man extraordinaire, #7 Dillon “L-M-N” O’Krane from the Calgary Sun. With the Vipers monthly calendar prominently figuring into the Sun’s sports section, I’ve been pleased with the coverage the Vipers have got in the Sun – and articles like the one on Dillon are icing on the cake.